-
June 20th, 2005, 06:55 AM
#1
Junior Hostboard Member
I know some of you have more than one pair of 19's. Have you ever tried stacking them ala "stacked Advents"? Placed with one inverted and on top of the other, they would be 6'1" without the bases. I would remove the base under the bottom speaker as the two combined would weigh almost 300 lbs. Your thoughts?
-
June 20th, 2005, 01:13 PM
#2
Inactive Member
You might want to set this up in the basement 'cause they could end up there.
-
June 20th, 2005, 06:22 PM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
Before anyone tries this you should look closely at how the bass enclosure and the horn module are joined to see if they really could take the weight.
David
-
June 20th, 2005, 06:40 PM
#4
Inactive Member
The black band between the top and bottom cabinets is an assembly that is identical to the base. Two bolts hold the top, bottom, and black ring together.
-
June 21st, 2005, 02:03 AM
#5
Inactive Member
Just to let you know, I've read that it's not a good idea to run 2 pair of model 19's off the same power amp in parallel, something to do with the impedence load would be hard on the amp.
-
June 21st, 2005, 01:32 PM
#6
Inactive Member
Originally posted by boltupright:
Just to let you know, I've read that it's not a good idea to run 2 pair of model 19's off the same power amp in parallel, something to do with the impedence load would be hard on the amp.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've read this too. At certain frequencies the impedence dips to below 2 ohms. In parallel that would dip below 1 ohm. You need a very good amp to handle a 1ohm load at high volume levels. Not saying it can't be done, just have to be aware of it.
-
June 21st, 2005, 04:12 PM
#7
Senior Hostboard Member
I don't have two pairs of 19,s but I am toying with the idea of A7-500 bottom & M19 top in MTM configuration (run off of seperate amps)
-
June 21st, 2005, 04:29 PM
#8
Senior Hostboard Member
Hi
If you connect two cabinets in series you will have a load of 16 ohms. Therefore your ok. You can go up but not down. Unless your amp is one of those that increases power when the impedance drops let's say from 8ohms to 2 ohms.400 watt at 8 ohms. and 250 watt at 4 ohms.IN SERIES YOUR TOTAL IMPEDANCE SHOULD GO UP TO 16 OHMS PER CHANNELL.EVEN AN AMP OF 4 OHMS CAN DRIVE THAT.
Regards
Bert
************************************************
-
June 21st, 2005, 04:39 PM
#9
Senior Hostboard Member
HI
made a little mistake
when the impedance drops let's say from 8ohms to 2 ohms.400 watt at 8 ohms. and 250 watt at 4 ohms.IN SERIES YOUR TOTAL IMPEDANCE SHOULD GO UP TO 16 OHMS PER CHANNELL.EVEN AN AMP OF 4 OHMS CAN DRIVE THAT. I MENT 250watt 8ohms 400 watt 4 ohms.
************************************************** *
-
June 22nd, 2005, 05:20 AM
#10
Senior Hostboard Member
Has anyone actually measure the impedance vs frequency of the 19?
I suspect that at 8 ohms nominal, it doesn't go to 2 ohms.
Perhaps I should do the measurements.
Ron
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks